RECIPE OF THE WEEK - 3/12/18 Petite Filet with Butter Lettuce, Crisp Veggies and Dijon Vinaigrette
Ok, ok ...OK! I get it! I am finally going to post this recipe! I got a TON of requests to share this recipe from a picture I posted on social media. So here you go folks! Come and get it!
P.S. It's not as easy as it looks ;)
P.P.S. Use any leftover meat, I used petite filet from the night before! No leftover meat? Grill up a steak, chicken breast or salmon and enjoy the warm/cold combo in this salad as well.
Petite Filet with Boston Lettuce, Crisp Veggies and Dijon Dill Vinaigrette
½ lb Green Beans, ends trimmed
¼ lb Mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 head Boston Lettuce, leaves torn
2 Tablespoons, White Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons, Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons, Fresh Dill, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste
6 Tablespoons, Olive Oil
Leftover Petite Filet, Grilled Chicken, Lamb Chops, Pork Chops (any leftover meat), chilled, sliced
1. In boiling salted water, cook beans until tender, 8 minutes. Run under cold water to stop the cooking.
2. In a bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Slowly add oil, whisking until emulsified. Stir in chopped dill.
3. Toss lettuce, torn, with one-third of the dressing. Divide among 4 plates.
4. Toss beans with 1 tablespoon dressing; add to plates. Repeat with mushrooms and onions separately.
5. Toss leftover meat slices in remaining dressing, and mound on top of plates.
6. Garnish with a fresh cracked pepper and fresh dill